FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

1.  Drains : How do I find out where the drains run and who is responsible for which bit of them. Wessex water looks after our drains, Bristol Water looks after our drinking water. To get a plan of your drains, some of which you own and some of which is publicly owned you can download a copy of the asset maps on Wessex Water's website:  this can take around 10 minutes or so to be emailed over to you, and please do check your 'junk' folder.

2.  Paint :  for front doors and some window frames on Barratts Estate is Grey RAL 7012. Usually, silk rather than gloss, make sure you ask for outdoor paint. This is not available from B&Q, but is available from Bradfords next to Tescos in Glastonbury (was Wollens), Travis Perkins (nearest Wells) and Dulux Decorator Centre (nearest Bridgwater).

Potholes :  Problem within the estate and prior to adoption then report to Premier Estates, post-adoption of the roads report online.

Streetlights : not working on the estate. Report them to Premier Estates. Once roads and streetlights are adopted copy the number of the affected light and report to Somerset County Council.  If there is no number continue to report to Premier Estates.

5.  Wood Finish : on some Barratts windows - Sikkens HLS Plus – Pine. Available from Dulux Decorator Centre (nearest is in Bridgwater).

Interior Magnolia Walls  :  Ask for Barratt's Magnolia at Crown or Dulux Decorator Centre (nearest Bridgwater).

Interior Door Handles & Hinges  :  Barratt's supplied by Hertings (F.P. Herting & Son Plc) contact sales@hertings.com Code I13001AA – Dart Lever Latch on Rose-pcl Chrome; Hinges code I01002AC – pack 3 -4” Pcl st/st butt hinge Grade 13

Windows and External Back Doorssupplied by Munster Joinery info@munsterjoinery.co.uk

9. Barratts can be contacted via